I always have frozen vegetables on hand because there are always days that are extra busy or sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking. This recipe is so easy and takes less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients I used:
Barilla Protein+ Spaghetti
Sunflower/Olive Oil blend
1 fresh carrot, chopped
1/2 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves
Frozen: peas, brussels sprouts, broccoli
Everything Bagel Seasoning
I don’t measure what I use I just visually decide how much of each ingredient might be enough. Let me know in the comments if you prefer measurements.
1. Start by cooking the spaghetti according to the package directions. Any pasta can be used here; sometimes I use gluten free, sometimes I use ziti or rotini or whatever! It’s all about preference or what you have available.
2. Warm about a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped carrot, garlic, and sliced onion. When the onion + garlic become fragrant, cover skillet partially with a lid to help the carrots cook. After a few minutes carefully poke carrots with a fork to check how soft they are. You want slightly soft but not mushy carrots- they’ll cook a little longer with the next few steps.
3. Add the frozen Brussels sprouts to the skillet, cover with lid to let them steam and get softer. When they start to soften, I cut them in half (carefully!) because they are usually huge.
4. Lower heat. Add frozen broccoli, and again add the lid to let them steam until they start getting softer.
5. Add frozen peas last because they won’t take long to heat up. No need to add the lid at this point.
6. Let all the veggies cook together for 2-3 minutes; I like when they start to brown slightly. If needed, add a tablespoon or more of water to the pan so the veggies don’t get too dry.
7. Add noodles to serving bowl, next veggies, then liquid aminos + Everything Bagel seasoning on top. Maybe add a little hot sauce if you like that kind of thing. Serve.