1 medium cabbage
1/2 cup rice, cooked
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
1 small-medium onion, chopped
1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1 jar red pasta sauce (your choice)
1/3 cup vegetable stock (or water)
1 Tbsp oil
- Cook rice according to package directions (I like the five minute kind for busy days).
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions. I like to make a batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week, that way it’s ready for whatever I decide to throw together (like a quick salad, quinoa + veggie bowl, or it works in various dinner recipes). I follow this recipe from Wholefully and it comes out perfectly every single time!
3. Chop cabbage into medium sized bites, put in to a large cast iron (or other) skillet with about a third of a cup of vegetable stock or water. Turn heat to medium, cover with a lid (it’s okay if it’s open a little), and cook until cabbage is slightly browned and translucent. Stir to cook evenly. Add more stock or water to prevent from burning to pan.
4. Once cabbage is cooked, set heat to low and add the garlic (to taste) and onion. Add oil and stir all together.
5. Add tomatoes, stir. Add pasta sauce, stir well.
6. Continue to stir on low heat for about two minutes, or until everything is mixed and heated through.
Serve in a bowl, top with nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese) on top, and vegan/gf garlic bread (or regular) on the side.